PVC Float Valves
- Corrosion resistant construction
- Heavy-duty, durable PVC body
- Long lasting, Santoprene™ valve seat
- Free flow outlet
- Ease of maintenance and adjustment
- Tested, reliable performance
- Available in sizes from ½” through 1 ½”
Designed specifically for use in cooling towers, the heavy-duty PVC make-up valve provides reliable operation with minimal maintenance. The patented design utilizes the latest high-grade materials for excellent performance and reliability. The unique design of the valve allows for connection of the float arm in two locations and adjustment of the float arm angle without any tools. PVC valve has been rigorously tested by BAC. The following tests were conducted:
- A flow rate test was conducted to verify the PVC make-up valve is suitable for cooling tower applications. The flow rate was comparable to the brass valve currently used.
- The PVC valve did not experience any flow or closure issues after 1000 hours of continuous operation.
- A freezing test was conducted to verify the reliability of the valve during a worst-case, cold weather scenario. The PVC valve was frozen in the closed position, simulating an undrained cooling tower in freezing conditions. Due to the elastic properties of PVC, the valve remained operational after the ice had melted and was able to close without leaks.
- Shear tests were conducted to verify the valve’s ability to withstand a load of at least 450 lbs, simulating a person using the valve as a stepping point. This practice is not recommended, however experience shows that it does occur in the field. The PVC valve withstood 500 lbs without deforming or cracking.
These corrosion-resistant valves are strong, reliable, and cost effective.