- Standard – All steel panels and structural members are constructed of heavy-gauge G-235 (Z700 metric) hot-dip galvanized steel. The air inlet louvers are constructed of PVC and are individually removable without tools.
- Optional TriArmor® Corrosion Protection System – The cold water basin can be constructed with the TriArmor® Corrosion Protection System. The system consists of a heavy-gauge G-235 hot-dip galvanized steel substrate encapsulated in a special thermosetting hybrid polymer finish further protected by a polyurethane liner applied to all submerged surfaces of the cold water basin. The basin is leak tested at the factory and warranted against leaks and corrosion for 5 years.
- Optional EVERTOUGH™ Construction – EVERTOUGH™ Construction combines the most corrosion resistant materials to provide the best value in corrosion protection for most water chemistries. EVERTOUGH™ Construction is backed by a comprehensive Louver-to-LouverSM 5-year warranty which covers ALL components from the fan to the cold water basin, from louver-to-louver including the motor.
- Specifically, the following materials are used in EVERTOUGH™ Construction:
- The cold water basin is constructed with the TriArmor® Corrosion Protection System.
- The basin is leak tested at the factory and warranted against leaks and corrosion for 5 years.
- Designated steel components above the cold water basin are constructed of heavy-gauge G-235 galvanized steel and further protected with a thermosetting hybrid polymer.
- The distribution system is non-corrosive Schedule 40 PVC.
- Optional Type 304 Welded Stainless Steel Cold Water Basin – A Type 304 stainless steel cold water basin is available. Seams between panels inside the cold water basin are welded. The basin is leak tested at the factory and welded seams are provided with a 5-year, leak-proof warranty.
- Optional All Type 304 Stainless Steel Construction – Steel panels and structural elements are constructed of Type 304 stainless steel. Seams between panels inside the cold water basin are welded. The basin is leak tested at the factory and welded seams are provided with a 5-year leak-proof warranty.
- Rated in accordance with IBC regulations to meet Seismic and Wind Loadings – Standard and optional constructions with structural bracing are designed to meet seismic and wind requirements of the 2009 International Building Code covering most US seismic applications (up to 2.93g) in addition to withstanding wind loads up to 130 psf.
- Redundant Fan – The redundant drive system is standard on all PT2-1218 units.
- Extended Lubrication Lines (Standard) – Extended lubrication lines are standard for lubrication of the fan shaft bearings. Grease fittings are located inside the plenum area next to the access door.
- Low Sound Operation – The low sound levels generated by PT2 Cooling Towers make them suitable for installation in most environments. To overcome the water noise inherent in induced draft counter flow units, factory designed, tested and rated water silencers are available for PT2 Cooling Towers. For sound sensitive installations, the PT2 is available with the Low Sound Fan can reduce the sound levels generated from the tower up to 9 dBA with minimal impact on thermal performance. For the ultimate low sound solution, the PT2 Whisper Quiet Fan is capable of 12-15 dBA sound reduction. When Whisper Quiet Fans are used in conjunction with water silencers, the PT2 can mitigate water and fan noise to support the most stringent sound specifications. The cooling tower thermal performance with the Low Sound Fan and Whisper Quiet Fan has been certified in accordance with CTI Standard STD-201.
- Containerized For Export
- Over 400 tons ship in a single 40′ shipping container.
- PT2-0709 units are available for export.
- Engineered for:
- The worldwide export market
- Maximum capacity
- Designed to fit a single unit in a 20′ container
- Designed to fit two units in a 40′ container
- Easy maintenance
- Lowest shipping costs
- Units are factory assembled and require only minimal assembly and rigging.
Fan Drive Configurations
The fan drive system provides the cooling air necessary to reject unwanted heat from the system to the atmosphere. The standard fan drive system on the PT2 (except direct drive model PT2-0412) is the BALTIDRIVE® Power Train. This BAC engineered drive system consists of a specially designed powerband and two cast aluminum sheaves located on minimum shaft centerline distances to maximize belt life. A premium efficient cooling tower duty fan motor provides maximum performance for cooling tower service, and is backed by BAC’s comprehensive 5-year motor and fan drive warranty.
Direct Drive Dual Motors (Model PT2-0412)
Direct Drive Motor
A direct drive dual motor system is provided on this cooling tower. The motors are shipped factory mounted, alleviating the need for field installation.
Externally Mounted Motor (Models PT2-0709, PT2-0809 and PT2-0812)
Externally Mounted Motor
The BALTIDRIVE® Power Train is provided on these cooling towers. The motor is pre-installed to the base and aligned at the factory. The assembly is shipped inside the cold water basin, for fast field installation.
Internally Mounted Motor (Models PT2-1009, PT2-1012, PT2-1212, and PT2-1218)
Internally Mounted Motor
The BALTIDRIVE® Power Train is provided on these cooling towers. The motor ships factory mounted, aligned and tensioned, alleviating the need for field installation.