Low Energy Consumption
- Evaporative cooling equipment minimizes energy consumption of an entire system by providing lower leaving condenser water temperatures as compared with comparable air cooled equipment. Owners save money while conserving natural resources and reducing environmental impact.
- Series 3000 Cooling Towers provide the heat rejection required at the lowest possible energy input via:
- All units meet or exceed ASHRAE Standard 90.1 energy efficiency requirements.
Low Installed Cost
- Modular Design – Models 3728C through 31056C and 31132C through 31301C ship in two sections to minimize the size and weight of the heaviest lift, allowing for the use of smaller, less costly cranes.
- Piping – The optional EASY CONNECT®Piping Arrangement further reduces installation costs by eliminating overhead piping and piping support requirements.
- Terminal Box – A terminal box includes a factory-mounted enclosure, factory wiring to terminal blocks for the fan motors and vibration cutout switch, and grounding lugs. This option is available only when BAC Controls are ordered.
Hygienic ColdWater Basin
- Easy Cleaning – The fill surface is elevated above the sloped cold water basin to facilitate flushing of dirt and debris from this critical area.
- Hinged Access Doors – Provide easy access to the unit interior to adjust the make-up float valve, clean the cold water basin and strainer, and service the fan drive system.
- Hygienic Cold Water Basin – The cold water basin is sloped at the air inlet faces to eliminate stagnant water and reduce biological growth. Additionally, the suction strainer is easily removed to simplify maintenance.
- Combined Inlet Shields – Corrosion resistant PVC screens can be factory installed over the air inlet. These inlet shields protect the cold water basin from sunlight and reduce the potential for algae growth. The shields also prevent debris from entering the cold water basin.
- Mechanical Equipment Removal System – The removal system has a modular design and is able to remove motors as well as gear drives.
Reliable Year-Round Operation
BALTIDRIVE® Power Train
- Drive System
- Backed by a 5-year fan motor and drive warranty, the BALTIDRIVE®Power Train utilizes special corrosion-resistant materials of construction and state-of-the-art technology to ensure ease of maintenance and reliable year-round performance.
- Separate Air Inlet Louvers – Reduce the potential for scale build-up and damaging ice formations at the air/water interface by providing a line of sight from the outside of the unit into the fill.
Long Service Life
Series 3000 Cooling Tower
- Frame Construction – Enables casing panels, critical links for long service life, to be constructed of corrosion-resistant, fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP).
- Materials of Construction – Various materials are available to meet the corrosion resistance, unit operating life, and budgetary requirements of any project.
- IBC Compliance – Series 3000 Cooling Towers are designed to meet requirements of the 2006 International Building Code (IBC). Specifically, a unit was shake table tested at an independent lab in accordance with AC 156. Tests were conducted before and after testing to verify functionality and certify the use of the Series 3000 Cooling Towers in applications where the Component Importance Factor is 1.5. The standard unit can be certified up to an SDS of 1.4g which covers most US seismic applications. In addition, the Series 3000 Cooling Towers have been designed to withstand wind loads of 30 psf or higher. BAC can also provide an upgraded tower to meet more extreme wind levels.