Low Energy Consumption
- Evaporative condensers minimize the energy consumption of the entire system by providing lower condensing temperatures. Owners save money while conserving natural resources and reducing environmental impact.
- The CXVB provides heat rejection at the lowest possible energy input and maintenance requirements via:
- High efficiency, low horsepower axial fans
- Patented combined flow technology, which reduces evaporation directly off the coil, minimizing the potential for scaling and fouling
- Premium efficient/inverter duty fan motors as standard
- BALTIGUARD™ Fan System (optional)
Reduced Refrigerant Charge
The combined flow technology utilized on CXVB and CXV-T models provides maximum capacity at the lowest refrigerant charge available in the industry. Reduced refrigerant charge lowers installation costs and may help satisfy refrigerant charge thresholds. Lower refrigerant charge means fewer coil connections and also leads to a reduction in cost through savings on pipe, valves, purgers, and labor.
- Access — Hinged access doors on each end wall and a standard internal walkway (available on CXVB single air inlet models) provide easy access to the unit interior.
Oversized Hinged Access Door
- Spacious Interior — Provides easy access to the cold water basin, drift eliminators, fan drive system and heat transfer coil.
- Extended lubrication lines and an internal ladder are standard on all single air inlet CXVB units.
- Access to Spray Distribution — Parallel flow of air and spray water over the condensing coil allows for inspection and access to the top of the coil during full operation.
Spray Distribution System
- Motor Removal System — The removal system includes davit arm(s) and access panels on the blank off facilitating motor replacement.
- Pre-assembled Platforms — Provide easy assembly.
- Difficult Thermal Duties — The combined flow design is ideal for applications requiring a close approach.
- Replacement Applications — Single air inlet models are designed to mount directly on existing support steel of both crossflow and counterflow units.
- Coil Configurations — Alternate coil configurations, including ASME “U” Stamp Coils and materials available.
- Highest Capacity in the Industry — CXV-T dual air inlet models offer the highest single cell capacity of any evaporative condenser in the industry. Projects benefit from fewer required cells, lower overall fan horsepower, and fewer piping connections.
- Selection Flexibility — Largest product offering with the ability to optimize the head pressure, footprint and HP requirements for each project.
Reliable Year-Round Operation
- BALTIDRIVE® Power Train — Backed by a 5-year fan motor and drive warranty, the BALTIDRIVE® Power Train utilizes special corrosion-resistant materials of construction and state-of-the-art technology to ensure ease of maintenance and reliable year-round performance.
- Combined Inlet Shields — These inlet shields protect the cold water basin from sunlight, reducing the potential for algae growth. They also prevent debris from entering the cold water basin.
- Sunlight Shades — These shields are mounted above the spray distribution system and help to smooth the airflow to the coils for optimum thermal performance. They also block sunlight, reducing the potential for algae growth.
Long Service Life
- Materials of Construction — BAC offers the most materials of construction that are available, meeting the corrosion resistance and budgetary requirements of any project.
- IBC Compliance – The single air inlet CXVB Evaporative Condensers are designed to meet the seismic and wind requirements of the 2009 International Building Code (IBC). CXVB units were shake table tested at an independent lab in accordance with AC 156. Tests were conducted before and after testing to verify functionality and certify the use of the CXVB in applications where the Component Importance Factor is 1.5. The standard unit can be certified up to an SDS of 2.4g which covers most US seismic applications. In addition, the CXVB have been designed to withstand wind loads of up to 167 psf.